Sunday, September 03, 2006
Gala Dinner was rather xian.
Had to reach school at 1030 yesterday. I think Nadia & I were the last few to reach, cuz it seems that everyone was there already. But we weren't late anyway xP Flute Section is friends with the Saxophones, haha (x Took pictures, since we had nothing to do.
Reached the hotel at around 12+ I think. Quite a nice place, but hell, it was COLD. And none of us brought windbreakers @.@ After helping out in sorting out the place where we were suppose to perform, we had lunch. Sheesh, they should learn to separate the chilli!!! =.=# There was a HUGE blob of chilli at the side of my rice, so there went the chicken, the egg and the cucumber. The Nasi Lemak like no taste, rather bland /: Had to self-service ice water too xD
After lunch, we helped out in organising the goodie bags. Inside was good stuff! It was a gold coloured bag, to match with the theme 'Solid Gold'. There was:
1) A 50th Anniversary CD
2) A 50th Anniversary Memo Pad
3) Another random Memo Pad/Oreo
4) DARK CHOCOLATE/Hershey Bar
5) Manicure Set
6) A 50th Anniversary Towel
7) A Voucher
I found it strange that they replaced the Memo Pad with the Oreo /: I WANTED A BAR OF THE DARK CHOCOLATE!!! D: But then it ran out, so there were Hershey Bars to replace it. Dark Chocolate~ T-T We helped out a lot, but the 'irony' is that we didn't get a goodie bag ):
After that was pure BOREDOM. We stoned. We practised our pieces. We took pictures. I read a book. I listened to my mp3 player which had nothing but HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR music with a few SweetS songs. It was really a total waste of time. Some of us also changed into our stockings. Oh, the toilet is supersuper clean! o.O (And we got to use both the Ladies & the Gents cuz there weren't any guys around at all xD) But the water was so cold, and the toilet flush and tap was automatic. I didn't even know that the tap had a sensor! /: The stockings made my legs itchy though.
After that was practice with Mrs Chua. As usual, except the ballroom was colder than our holding room. After that had a break and changed into full uniform. Had a snack of MacDonald nuggets. 6 pieces + the concentrated orange juice--not filling T-T At around 6 we went up to the ballroom. They were showing a video about the event that happened this year over and over again. So many times that I could practically memorise what Stella Ng said in the video. It repeated about 5-6 times I think. I saw Teryne, Michelle, Yuji, Olga, Casandra and the band (that meant myself too!) in the video. Repeated so many times until it was so boring. And I think I got used to the cold temperature. After stoning there, moving to only keep my flute warm, for about 1.5 hours, the whole thing finally started. There were a lot of people, but I don't think anyone was listening to the MC anyway. Speeches and speeches, another video that I saw so many times during Speech Day Dry Runs etc etc. We had our main performance while the dinner started. Wrong timing. THEY HAD SHARK FIN SOUP LAH! And I saw, and I craved for it cuz the waitress was quite near me, serving them out @.@; Was quite hungry at that time~ After playing, stoned there some more as Anklung performed, and the lucky draw thing was carried out. The Grand Prize was a 20 Grand Gold Bar. What's the use? Sell it and get that 20 Grand? ._. Then we performed the Birthday Song for the cake cutting. It had 50 candles! And none of us were given a slice =.=; We then used the carpark pathway to get back to the holding room. The carpark was quite hot, maybe cuz I was rather adjusted to the air-con. Had dinner back there. McChicken + Apple Pie. So pathetic. Had 2 McChickens cuz I was quite hungry. I don't like Apple Pie anyway. *Someone* said that there was chilli in the Apple Pie ._. Just to scare me off since it was known during lunch that I, for one, cannot stand chilli =.=
Changed back into Band Tee. Nothing to do. Stoned and walked around and such until 10+. We got balloons! Gold balloons haha. Snapped more pictures. And by around 10.30, whereby they're suppose to end so we can move out the percussion instruments, THEY DIDN'T END LAH. The MC was still blabbering on and on and on... Even Ms Azilah couldn't stand her xD By 11+ everyone was super tired @_@ Some people could still scream, I don't know how ._. Reached school at around 11.45, dead tired. Left school close to midnight, reached home at half-past midnight. Slept at around 2.10, cuz I wanted to wait for my hair to dry before I slept and I didn't know where the hair-dryer was. Woke up this morning at 11.10. 0210 was the latest I've ever slept, 1110 was the latest I've ever woken up. HAHA.
7:14 PM