Saturday, September 09, 2006
Shall update about the peer leader training, since Sophie requested it :D
Day 1
Mainly looked at powerpoint slides while Coach Jay told us stuff, and most importantly, told us his own personal stories and other true stories. I love storytime :D The stories quite touching, motivating too! :D Coach Russell was rather freaky at first cuz he suddenly took our picture, with the FLASH. So most of us were rather stunned haha. Tea time was nice. The tea was sweet!!! :DDD The cake was nice!!! :DDD Lunch was... God, I practically disliked everything except the rice and the drink (fruit punch)! Left early after lunch to go for a 1/2 hour piano lesson at Jurong East to replace my Saturday lesson (Gala). People said it was boring, the remaining half of the day that is. Ah well, I missed it! :DDD
Day 2
WHEE! The best day of the entire camp! ^__^ Yay, we went Dragon Boating! ^0^ At first I was asking around who wanted to jump off the boat cuz I wanted to jump off, but my hopes were dashed when Jay said that the teacher does not allow us to jump off T-T Apparently all of us were waiting at the foyer, until Jay came and told us to go to the MPR xDDD So after a briefing, we set off to Kallang River! It started to drizzle a bit, but in the end it stopped, and Mr Sun was out! (x The lifejackets were pink, what the heck. =.= I PUT IN ON OKAY! Anyway, when we were getting in the boat, we were rather apprehensive as it was quite unstable. We were first accompanied by FengXun, who kept scaring us by rocking the boat a bit. After that, another 'Cute Gor Gor' with the red shirt joined us ((x I didn't even know his name lah. Tsk. He jumped from Jialing's boat to our boat, haha. I don't know why (: Both of them were really nice ^^ The fun part was splashing water at others. The people in my boat were dry at first, and I thought we'd be dry throughout the entire 2 hours. When other boats passed by, *omg* they were drenched. o_o THEN THEY SPLASHED WATER AT US!!!!!! =0= Mind you, it's suppose to be Kallang River, WHY THE HECK IS THE WATER SALTY???? FengXun and the other guy were also drenched xD All of us used some type of jug to splash water at each other. Our boat rather pathetic, only one jug. When we saw lil kiddies, I told the cute gor gor to splash water at them. He said I was mean lah. =_= The irony? THE LIL KIDDIES WERE THE ONE WHO STARTED SPLASHING WATER AT US!!!!!! =.=# Then he splashed water :D And we tried using our paddles to splash water at them. Had loads of fun, like calling the other male instructors Ah Pek and the one female instructor Ah Soh. There was this male instructor, claiming to be a cute gor gor and when Beatrice, Debbie & I called him Ah Pek, he kept using that jug to splash water at us MANYMANY times. =.=; He's so egocentric! Haha but he was a funny guy. The Ah Soh was better. When we called her, she just waved at us like a Miss Universe haha. So nice :D We also played see-saw on the boat. SO FUN!!!!!!! Debbie kept screaming and shrieking at first ._. One way was to sit on the edge of the fun, the other was to stick out our legs into the water. Meimei damn funny, because she doesn't want her shoes to get wet, she stretched her legs. And I was kicking my legs in the water (: Beatrice kept talking about stingrays that both guys couldn't stand it liao xD The cute gor gor say she very horny! xDDD That guy was very funny lah. He was doing the counting while we were paddling (e.g. 1, up, 2, up etc) and he can suddenly go high and low and high and low.
Me: Are you jealous that all of us have high voices and you have a low one?
Him: No lah. Actually, my voice quite high liao.
Me: *laughs*
- later on he sits in the boat to paddle with us -
Him: *high-pitched voice* 你好!我是克信女中的第一个男学生!
Me: *LAUGHS*
His voice was reallyreally high-pitched for a guy! xD Change the encoding to Unicode if you can't see the Chinese words ((: And his paddling was so pro! He paddle once, I can see white foam in the water! O_O And no matter how hard I paddle, the river will still remain green. MR CHOY, WHY IS THE SKY BLUE? MR CHOY, WHY IS THE RIVER GREEN? And you'll hear both guys laughing ((x At the end of the 'training', we had a race back to the 'shore'. We were the last, but the guys were very nice about it. Cute Gor Gor was telling the other instructors: 她们是故意让你们赢的!HAHA! So nice~~ (((((: Before we went up, we played the see-saw thing for the last time D; This time the boat went so low that our butts could touch the water, but I love it~ Debbie & Beatrice kept worrying about whether someone would cause a red sea loh. =.=; Still, it was PURE PURE FUN!!! :DDD The thing which Debbie & I regretted most was not getting their MSNs T___T Most of us went back to school to shower, cuz we were drenched from our hair right down to our toes and shoes. What to do, no one wanted peace and others kept splashing water at us (x The worst thing: SUN BURN. I was reallyreallyreally dumbfounded when I saw my face in the mirror T__T My arms and thighs were not let off either )): The rest of the day was back in the MPR with more talks, nothing that special.
Day 3
We went to the Arts Conservatory instead of the MPR. Started off by taking a group photo, and then watching a movie 'Remembering the Titans'. I didn't catch much of the dialogue though, but I did get a rough idea of the story. Really touching, and it does reflect leadership (: After an early lunch, I went up with a few others to the PAT for History Mass Lecture. Jaslin & Jun2 had a good laugh at my face lah. =.=# Damn them. I don't understand why Mrs Ow kept reading off the slides. Last time at least she did some elaborations, or so I think. Left earlier to go back, cuz it was claimed that Mrs Wong was not that happy. /: Nothing left much of an impression, except the celebration of Huiwei's birthday. Jay and Russell were really sweet to buy TWO cakes for her! =^^= Cake was nice! Hoho. Carried on with a few more activities, like the design for our Peer Leader shirt etc. Ended off by watching a music video with our pictures made by Russell and writing comments for others. I love Dragon Boating the most, even though it really burned my skin.
Thank God for Aloe Vera Gel though (: Now my burns ain't that bad, but I'm peeling D:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICHIGE TERYNE MARIKO! ♥
10:17 PM