Thursday, December 14, 2006
Inspired by poems that I've found on the net while doing Literature homework, I decided to type out a poem dedicated to Ikeuchi Aya of 1 Litre of Tears.
*applauds* xD Did this on impulse anyway; may not be THAT good /:
SPINOCEREBELLAR DEGENERATION
Holding on tightly to the staircase railings
She pushes herself up
With the support of two bodies
She tries her best to climb up the stairs.
Her legs just refused to listen to her
It was as if they were forced to move her body around.
Suddenly the shrill ring of the bell pierces the air.
A swarm of students immediately dash for their classes
But she could only try her best to climb up the stairs more quickly.
Step by step for her
Leap by leap for others.
"Sorry, I think you two are going to be late helping me."
She said weakly and vulnerably.
"No, it's fine, really! Yes, it's okay! No worries!"
Both replied in unison
Reciting the same line over and over again
"Thanks so much! Very sorry for the trouble, very sorry…"
She apologized, yet again.
And again.
"Don't worry about it, we're fine with that!"
And again, they replied in the same way.
Thanking them with a grateful smile
She entered the classroom with their helped
And plopped on her seat.
The two others
Uncertainty written over their faces
Sat on their seats.
Some side notes...
Spinocerebellar Degeneration damages the nervous system that controls movement, hence mobility is decreased. They have difficulty moving about and also lose their sense of balance. Currently, besides slowing down the process of the disease by taking in medication and doing rehabliation exercises, there is no cure at all.
If I'm gonna take Literature, I must start to become a more chim person xD Haha.
11:24 PM